The Feed Additive and PreMIxture System (FAMI-QS) certification adheres to the European Animal Feed Regulation No. 183/2005's quality, legality, and feed safety requirements. The purpose of this certification is to provide guidance and assistance to producers and traders affected by the rule as they build their processes to decrease the hygienic risks connected with additives and premixtures in the feed chain. The FAMI-QS certification is built on a variety of European regulations, the Codex Alimentarius, the HACCP principles, and a range of national management systems of member state like the GMP or the Code of Practice to ensure feed safety. The FAMI-QS is a comprehensive certification that covers a variety of topics, including:
- Management programs for quality and feed safety,
- Procedures for traceability,
- Product conformity with regulations,
- Human resources,
- Keeping the equipment clean and maintained
- Waste Control
The FAMI-QS standard is widely utilized in more than 47 countries and applies to the majority of EU nations as well as Norway and Switzerland. A FAMI-QS certification can assist in establishing a proactive strategy for feeding safety. It can lessen customer complaints and helps to identify process improvements. Moreover, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements (EU regulations). The FAMI-QS certification offers a methodical way to satisfy the feed safety criterion. Along with that, it gives standardized management of GMP regulations and the capability to distinguish organizations for a competitive edge. Also, businesses can use risk analysis to assess the hazards associated with food safety and offer dynamic communication on these concerns to suppliers, clients, regulators, and other interested parties. Also, it lowers the necessity for and expense of testing the final product.
As the only certifiable code that is expressly targeted at specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures, FAMI-QS is a pioneer in its industry. Also, as required by the Feed Hygiene Regulation, it was the first Community Guide to Good Practice to receive formal recognition from the European Commission. A certifying organization that is authorized to issue certificates by the FAMI-QS provides FAMI-QS certificates. Upon the successful completion of the registration (final) assessment and pre-assessment, this certificate is granted for a term of three years. Depending on the type and size of the business, surveillance audits are performed every three years by the certifying authority at intervals of nine or twelve months. An audit is performed for a new three-year cycle after the first three years have passed.
To help businesses successfully develop a feed safety management system and successfully obtain the FAMI-QS certification without making any mistakes, Punyam.com offers FAMI-QS certification consultancy in the following steps:
- To begin with, conduct a micro-level examination of the current system and provide a gap analysis report
- Then organize a FAMI-QS awareness training program for all staff members.
- Create a task force and working group for documentation.
- Specify the FAMI-QS policies and goals.
- Creating FAMI-QS feed safety management system documents.
- Implementation of procedures and formats, as well as training for all employees
- Employee training on feeding safety hazards detection, appraisal, and control
- offers internal auditors the necessary training
- Through the initial internal audit, evaluate the system.
- Resolve all the required non-conformities by taking corrective action.
- Once all the non-conformities are resolved start FAMI-QS certification application registration
- Pay FAMI-QS fees (fees to be paid annually directly to FAMI-QS)
- Punyam auditors will conduct a second round of internal audits to evaluate the system
- Request the certifying body's pre-certification audit (Optional)
- Take the required action on their suggestions
- Conduct a final audit by a certifying body
- Careful examination of FAMI-QS certification audit reports